We endeavour to provide a stimulating environment where children learn through exploration and discovery. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which is the national curriculum for children until the end of reception during their first year at school.
Our carefully planned curriculum is tailored to the needs of the individual child allowing them to progress successfully and foster a love of learning. Through skillful observation and assessment, activities and opportunities are planned to encourage the children to gain pre-school skills with the minimum of pressure and lots of fun.
A balance of child initiated and adult led activities encourage the children to discover a wide range of subjects through activities, play and exploration and prepares them to progress confidently onto the next stage of their learning.
There is a safe and totally enclosed garden which is used daily for a variety of activities.
The nursery recognises the importance of working with parents in all aspects of the care and education of their child. We welcome their input and knowledge and are happy to discuss any aspect of their child's development.
Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- Communication and Language;
- Physical Development;
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development;
- Literacy Development;
- Understanding The World; and
- Expressive Arts and Design.
According to the EYFS, the overarching principles, which shape the practice of all our practitioners, are grouped into four themes. These are:
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parent/carers;
- Children's Learning and Development is in different ways and at different rates.
The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special needs and disabilities.
To support development, additional weekly activities such as:
- Dance & Drama
- Spanish Lessons
Are also incorporated into our timetables.