Meet the Team
At Little Acorns Day Nursery we operate a keyworker system. This ensures that each member of staff has a small number of children to relate to in an individual way. We feel that the benefits of this system are enormous. Transition from home to nursery is made easier if there is a relationship with one special adult in the group and there is no risk of a quiet or withdrawn child being ignored. Any difficulties or anxieties encountered by a child can be spotted quickly and parents have someone specific with whom to communicate. The key worker system does not mean that the child will only become familiar with that particular member of staff, the nursery is run by a team of nursery practitioners who are dedicated to the care and development of all the children.
The Key Worker will be responsible for:
- Assisting the child to settle into the nursery and keeping an especially watchful eye on the child during the first few sessions;
- Providing for the emotional needs of the child, offering comfort and reassurance if the child is in any distress and ensuring the child is secure;
- Offering any necessary physical care such as assistance with toileting.
- Conducting written observations on each child in their group and contributing to child records held in the nursery;
- Developing a day-to-day rapport with parents.
- Informing parents about their child's activities throughout the day and being available at the beginning or end of the session to answer any questions.
Our established and dedicated team are committed to providing a warm, happy environment where children can develop their individuality and potential. We will always look to improve wherever and whenever we can and plus we actively encourage parents and carers to become involved and are always open to ideas and suggestions. We seek to work in partnership with parents and together with regular staff training, strive to ensure continuous improvements in standards and facilities for the benefit of our children.